Christmas.
We celebrated it our own way here in Manipal. Our very own way. First off, We cooked. Yes you heard right.We cooked, in our little hostel rooms, with our Littler rice cookers, we cooked. Kathy, Linda, Me and Nevi. All in my room. We made Spaghetti and Mac n Cheese, enough to feed about 20 people. Then The guys got chicken from Chef Inn( the BBQ'ed it for us) and we all went to KMC Greens and had our very own christmas eve dinner. We said grace, we ate, we talked , we laughed. This has to be one of the most memorable christmas's ever. Not only for me.
At home, it is the first christmas(in many years) that my grandparents and parents and aunts n uncles are celebrating with NONE of us kids around. :)
It is the first time that me Vic and Sub are all away from home for Christmas.
In Manipal, it was great to see all of us, just coming together in the spirit of Christmas. Some of you know bout the problems ive been having here, the problems showed up to. Im so sorry, I let it affect me for a while. But i got over it. I swear i did. I understand now that its not my loss. Its theirs.
Christmas has always held a very very special place in my heart. It brings back memories of scrapping off Icing and Marzipan from grandma's christmas cake, Of Nasi Minya and Turkey for lunch, Of rendang, and Fried chicken, of Opening presents with Pam n Mandy, the two boys, Viack and Sub, Cassie n Heather, of being together all of us in Grandma's house, eating talking laughing.. Of us watching Home Alone 1 n 2, of love and happiness..
So being away from home this christmas, means alot to me. But here in Manipal, my friends and i managed to capture taht essence of christmas. It is a time of giving and forgiving, a time of sharing and caring, a time of love and a time of joy. I think I spent christmas in a meaningufl way this year. I hope the next one will be too
Blessed Christmas to all!!!
that is all
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment