Friday, January 9, 2009

08-09

I was thinking the other day bout the past year, and how it has changed my perception, my outlook of life. 2008. A year of many events, many happenings. Both good and bad

The year started off great. Room 502,KDU college penang campus.Ah the memories. I made some of my best friends there, and renewed some very precious friendships. People like Leena, Shobina, Gajen, Nigel, Vanessa, and all of room 502, are very dear to me. They will always be the people who i know i can turn to in times of need. There was my much awaited 18th. My parents threw me a huge party on the beach of the Tanjung Bungah Beach Resort. Everyone room 502 came, and even some doinks like My kutu boy,who despite being and irritationg doink, is one of the nicest people i ever met.

Sharmeen. Sharmeen is one person whom I love. No matter what happens, shes always there. Always supportive,always encouraging. Shes the one who tolerated me for 2 years as desk-mate in secondary school, and shes the one whom ive confided in over the years.

Leena. Leena's the person who's got the most commen sense. Even thought that common sense might ( more often then not) come in the form of the lyrics of a beatles song(:P),shes the one who fetched me to n fro college soo many times last year, and shes the one whos always been there... my fellow debater since school days, the numerous conversations we've had over the years... i'll always treasure those.

Shobi.WOOBY. what would i have done throughout A-Levels if she wasnt there? from thinking of ways to skip class(but enver actually doing it) to keeping me awake in class. Shobi did it all. N now, were in the same country :P

Gajen. Even though he was irritating... with his " MALEH u know what i saw on the way to college today???!!!"...even though wat he saw was a CAR.. yes a CAR.albeit a special car.. but its got 4 wheels and an engine... :P I still cant imagine surviving 18mths in KDU without him LOL

there are so many more from KDU .... each n every one of them having a different impact on my life. Nigel, Janine, Vanessa, Misha... all of them important.. :)

FASTFORWARD.
It was the 14th of September 2008. A day of my life that i will never ever forget. I left home. I left my comfort zone. I left it all behind. I came to a new land, a new place, to study a new course. I took tht great leap.
As I sit here now typing this, I realised tha i worried in vain. I came here, I'm surviving. I adapt, I adopt new ways of life. Im living by myself now, and the independance is at once fulfilling and daunting. I realise the true meaning of the word responsibility.

2008 was a good year. The things that at first seemed to be incredibly horrible, the things that made life seem so bleak, turned out to be positive. It showed me that life often throws the hardest challenges your way, only to enable you to receive the fruit that is truly wonderful. So on a happy note, I bid 2008 farewell and welcome 2009 :)

that is all

4 comments:

Gajen said...

good to hear u say 2008 is a great year..wish u all the best with 2009.Face 2009 like a bengal tiger wey..rarr! haha

happy ponggal and happy chinese new year in advance! LOL

tc bro

Sandhya said...

hey sis... happy 2009,ponggal,thaipusam,chinese new yaer. :P

see u soon!!

NLeena said...

it's Whoby sandhya. also, u forgot to mention my educational visual/audio demo on hw to drive on penang roads.. n handle irresponsible dense uncivil drivers. trust me, i cud've added many many more adjectives in front of drivers.

need private comment box, water.

Sandhya said...

HEYYYY I came up with WOOBY so i get to decide how to spell it :P
And no private comment box.. all frens are frens k... :P